Blog Archive

Monday, September 17

Avoid London Today





Just updating the look of our blog here, and tried this image in the heading - except it took over the whole page! Not good. However, I took this picture on the way back from a chaplain's meeting in York on that fateful day of the London 7/7 bombings in 2005. Much of the infrastructure across the country closed down, and all train services were suspended. I ended up having a lift back to London thanks to a generous motorist. Aircraft were still flying, and if you look top right of the picture, you'll see a Boeing 747 or Airbus 340 preparing for final approach to Heathrow's 9L or 9R runway, a flightpath that almost overflyies Winsor Castle. - Look at the very first entry on my blog archive, where I transcribed my unedited diary account that I wrote 4 hours after the attacks.

Right now, plans are re-emerging for the 'Emergency Response Trust' that is helping those in the community make emergency contingency plans (see the previous post as well). Unlike many top-led scheme that major on business recovery, our focus is on working with the most vulnerable individuals and community groups. We are not just working on preparing for what might happen, but also strengthening community bonds between ethnic groups, so that much needed support can be accessed right here and now. A big 'thank you' for all who have encouraged us in the work so far! To cut our costs, I've dumped our Emergency Response website, and host only this blog and my more personal blog, that is called Faith's Journey.

1 comment:

Jo said...

May God protect you all... I am intrigued to have found a blog based in London! I have dear friends in Chisick and would love return to my "second home"!
God bless,
- Jo
http://followtheroadlesstraveled.blogspot.com