Blog Archive

Saturday, August 13

Newly Wed Reality Check

Surfing around other blogs, I found someone else who loves the book "Angels on Assignment" - the amazing story of Roland Buck, a hillbilly American pastor who had numerous supernatural angelic encounters prior to his death/promotion to glory. The story is told by Charles and Francis Hunt -- ISBN 0-917726-33-2, Hunter Books, Kingwood, Texas, 1979 - so it's old. Highly recommended. Some found it highly controversial (what else is new?) Some years ago, I bought a box load and made the book required reading for my Bible students. From the preface: "This is a book which should be read and re-read often as God penetrates our hearts with His blueprints for living."

All of the above was said to say this: the guy's blog has got a wedding picture up (in fact it is all he has up right now!) So I posted a "newly wed" comment. Here's a copy of what I wrote:


  • Put your trust in Jesus every day
  • Be sensitive to each other
  • Don't let society dictate your values
  • Have a shared Godly vision
  • Determine to live beyond this life (This earth is not our home!)
  • Above all, stay in love as an act of faith, not a response to feelings.

Do these things and you'll remain truely blessed. And get a copy of Angels on Assignment from www.abebooks.com OK folks, so much for the newly wed advice.. now I've got to practice what I preach! Forget reality shows - maybe my next blog entry should be from my wife - it will be my marriage "Reality Check."


2 comments:

John said...

That's good to know -- hope everyone checks your comment. BTW any reviews of Angels on Assignment are welcome!

Barbara said...

John,
I read Angels on Assignment YEARS ago - dates me, huh? :) I need to find it and read it again. I recommend it to your readers. I remember there was controversy over the Hunt's, themselves. But, what's new? There's always controversy over a Christian!